SynergyTM is a comprehensive documented program for maintenance management. Consisting of industry proven standards, it provides a consistent and disciplined framework for effectively managing work, driving EAM software success, and improving asset performance. SynergyTM is a perfect fit for asset-intensive organizations seeking to systematize maintenance and reliability operations.
SynergyTM is a fully customizable, ISO compliant model of processes, master data, and other standards that help you formalize maintenance management. You can adopt Synergy’s best practices “as is” or modify them, rebrand them, to better fit the unique environment of your operation. In the end, SynergyTM can be your model for how maintenance does business, at the facility, and across the organization.
SynergyTM gives you industry-accepted standards for:
- How to manage work (planning, scheduling, material reservations, etc.)
- How to standardize EAM/CMMS data (coding schemes, standard modifier dictionary, etc.)
- How to improve reliability (failure analysis, PM/PdM plans, Asset Reliability Program guidelines)
- How to structure the maintenance department (roles, responsibilities, organizational charts)
- How to measure and drive performance (maintenance KPIs and auditing tools)
Know what the best practice is—don’t guess! SynergyTM puts industry-accepted maintenance strategies and asset management best practices at your fingertips. It provides guidelines and procedures for preventive maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) programs, as well as reliability engineering techniques such as root cause analysis (RCA) and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA). SynergyTM also complies with ISO 55000 standards for enterprise asset management.
Optimize the way you manage work! SynergyTM contains a complete process for work management, giving you industry-accepted standards for each stage in the work order life cycle. It covers service requests, work planning and scheduling, reliability analysis, and more. Each stage in the process is documented with detailed instructions, process flow charts, and procedures.
SynergyTM also contains processes for coordinating maintenance with other business functions, such as capital project management, MRO materials management, operations/production, and reliability engineering.
Gain visibility into failure costs and causes! SynergyTM comes with a comprehensive library of 1,500 problem, failure, action, and cause codes. This library is organized by equipment class, detailing 200,000 potential failure relationships across 167 distinct equipment classes. It’s the perfect foundation for failure analysis and reliability-centered maintenance (RCM) programs.
Improve EAM and CMMS data quality! In addition to failure codes, Synergy contains an extensive library of coding schemes and data conventions for asset management and maintenance management:
- Asset Naming Conventions and Standard Modifier Dictionary (SMD)
- Equipment Coding Schemes (Group, Class, Criticality, etc.)
- Work Order Coding Schemes (Type, Criticality, How Found, Delay Reasons, etc.)
- Standard Abbreviations, Vehicle Maintenance Reporting Standards (VMRS), and more!
Establish a strategic plan for asset management! SynergyTM includes an asset management policy, a strategic asset management plan (SAMP), and a set of asset management objectives. These allow you to quickly establish a company-wide framework for asset management, connecting executive leadership to the maintenance operation and aligning other business functions with asset management goals.
Establish clear roles and responsibilities for asset management! SynergyTM includes a maintenance organizational chart, a responsibility assignment matrix (RAM) for work management, and a set of role definitions for the maintenance team (Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician, Reliability Engineer, etc.).
Jump-start your maintenance reporting! SynergyTM details more than 20 of the most valuable reports for maintenance operations, including daily information needs (such as scheduling) as well as advanced cost and reliability reports. It also provides definitions, targets, and examples of more than 30 key performance indicators (KPIs) for maintenance productivity and asset management.
Standardize maintenance across the enterprise! Standardization is a best practice for asset management. For example, if two plants have identical pieces of equipment, they should also have identical PM routines for those machines. But you can’t standardize without documenting your business practices. SynergyTM gives you the written standards that you need to standardize maintenance operations across multiple sites.
Proven Best Practices
- Every element of SynergyTM, from processes to codes to KPIs, is based on industry-accepted practices.
- SynergyTM is ISO compliant. It satisfies the requirements of ISO 55001, ISO 41001, PAS 55, ISO 14224, and other international standards for asset management.
- SynergyTM is built on SwainSmith’s 20 years of experience in maintenance and asset management consulting. We know what works.
- Easily customize any element to create your own documentation model that fits your organization’s specific circumstances.
- All documents are provided in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Visio file formats for easy editing.
- Templates are designed to work efficiently for organizations in various industries, with single or multiple locations, so only simple customization is required.
Easy to Use
- Designed for beginners: Processes are written in simple language with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for tasks and activities.
- Intuitive structure: Processes and procedures are organized in a logical sequence that follows the process flow of a typical maintenance operation.
- Templates have a consistent format that describes the who, what, when, where, why, and how of each process, procedure, and KPI.
- Simple, common-sense document numbering makes it easy to find the procedure you need.
- Built-in glossary defines key terms and abbreviations.
- Every SynergyTM subscription comes with complimentary training and support to help your team get the most out of the model.
- SynergyTM can be used with any CMMS or EAM software system. It provides the foundational practices and data that asset information systems need to succeed.
- Our customers include users of IBM Maximo, Infor EAM, Oracle eAM, SAP Enterprise Asset Management, and many of the industry’s other leading software systems.